Sunday, February 10, 2013

Lazy Girl Granola

This is a new thing that I thought up I like to call Lazy Girl Granola. It's granola made in a dehydrator so you don't have to stir it every 15 minutes. Just stick it in the dehydrator and let it go all night and in the morning, you get nice granola for your vegan yogurt, smoothie, or cereal! 
4 c. oats (mix of quick and old fashion is what I used)
1/4 c. apple juice concentrate
1/2 - 1/4 c. water, depending on how clumpy you want the granola
1 t. cinnamon

Mix the oats, apple concentrate and water with the cinnamon until fully combined. Then lay them out on your dehydrators trays. My dehydrator has slatted trays so I put on the fruit roll up plastic sheet and it worked fine and didn't let any of the oat pieces through. After about 8 hours, they were ready for consumption! And tasted very nice. They were drier than the ones that we get out of the oven and it tasted like I had used oil in them, but no oil was used! You can put some fat in this by putting some peanut butter in it. It can add a nice flavour to foods. Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment