Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pink Pancakes


So for valentines day, I decided that I would do something cute for breakfast. Wednesday is our big breakfast day, so I decided that valentines would come a day early to our breakfast table. :)  I was thinking, "What could turn things red that is natural?" And then i thought of beets! Beets could turn any thing red (personal experience with beets and white napkins >.< ) anyway, I decided to experiment, and if it didn't turn out, oh well, they would still taste decent. :p I love being adventurous in the kitchen. 
This is what my pancakes looked like when they were in the frying pan, and yes they were a nice beautiful pink! I know this picture doesn't do much justice to how beautiful they were. :D 

I made some hearts, just to be valentiney... if that's even a word. Here's the recipe!!! 

Pink Pancakes
2 c. flour (mixes of whatever you want)
1 T. baking powder
3 T. brown sugar
1 c. milk (unsweetened almond breeze)
1 c. beet juice

I mixed all the dry ingredients well, then added the wet in. It turned a beautiful pink! :D Then put them in a greased frying pan or on your trusty griddle and then enjoy with some strawberries, or other pink fruits or pancake toppings. Happy Valentines day guys!! Thanks for reading my blog, please comment, share, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment