Friday, December 21, 2012

Coconut Macaroons


    I found this recipe on sparkpeople.com and it wasn't vegan, so i decided it looked promising, even without the egg, so i set to veganizing it. It was fun, turned out great, and the other part of my family, who isn't vegan, really enjoys it! I'm excited about it. 
    1/2 c. unsweetened or homemade applesauce
    1/2-3/4 c. brown sugar
    1 fake egg
    1 t. baking powder
    1 t. vanilla extract
    1 c. quick oats
    3/4 c. flour
    1/2-3/4 c. unsweetened shredded coconut
    Preheat the oven to 350. Mix all the ingredients together. Then drop in teaspoonfuls or little balls, depending on what size you want, onto a greased or parchment papered baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, until nice and golden brown. I made about 50 cookies from this recipe. It was fun and I really enjoyed it. :D I put some powdered sugar on some of them but not on some of the others. The bottoms were brown on some of them because I forgot to set the timer (oops!!) and then remembered them. They were 15 minutes but they weren't burnt on the tops, just the bottoms. It can also depend on what kind of pan you use because an air bake will keep the bottoms from browning horribly.
    When i entered this recipe in, it was about 36.1 calories! :D some fat from the coconut, but not too much. I hope you guys enjoy this recipe, tell me how it goes, and how your friends and family like it! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment