Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Vegan whole foods cake

I found this recipe on the Whole Foods App. I really like this recipe and used it to make a birthday cake for myself. And yes, I do make my own cake. haha.

1 1/2 t. egg replacer
1 c. almond milk (unsweetened origional silk almond milk is what I used)
1/2 c. (or less) maple syrup
1/4 c. applesauce
2 t. white vinegar
1/2 t. vanilla
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray and flour a 9 inch round or square cake pan using a cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg replacer, almond milk, maple syrup, applesauce vinegar and vanilla until completely combined. In a separate bowl, mix flours, baking powder, salt and baking soda, then add to bowl with milk mixture, stirring to combine. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick to make sure that it's done.
Makes 9 servings
Per serving: 134 calories, 1 g fat, 11.3 g. sugar, 2.2 g. protein

No comments:

Post a Comment