Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Food holiday and facts!

Hey Guys! I'm working on a healthy food holiday calendars so I can have healthy versions of all the food holidays! It's going to be really fun. I won't be doing every day to being with but it would be nice. Look for those coming up! But I will try to announce what day it is with the recipe, recipe link (maybe) and picture. 
I get the Fitness Magazine's Daily Fit Tip and they sent out a "10 foods nutritionists won't eat". I'm reading through it right now and find that it's really interesting. Most of them are pretty like "oh yea, i know not to eat that", but the reasons why are pretty interesting. I really like Self magazine and Fitness Magazine. Both are good resources for health and fitness. So here are some of the stuff that's in this. 
Bagels can cause skin problems because of the high glycemic levels.
Soda can have around 10 packets of sugar! Even the diet isn't that good for you either. 
There is a lot of hidden sugar in canned tomato sauce. Make you own and find the recipe on this blog! I don't know if it's on here yet, but it will be here soon!
Soy sauce. I'm sorry to say as an Asian, that soy sauce isn't that good for you. It has a ton of sodium in it so that can cause higher blood pressure and so this should be used in moderation. I like to use hot sauce. Soy Sauce does contain things like some of the B vitamins, so it isn't a totally bad ingredient. Just use it in moderation. 
thought that would be an interesting piece to share with you guys. I'll hopefully be posting more during the week, but who knows. 

ps. I'm swimming more! :D It's a lot of fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment